Thursday 4 October 2012

Komoidia!

Well that is comedy in Greek.

But what is comedy? Define comedy?

To my understanding, I would consider anything (and I mean ANYTHING) to comedy if it makes me laugh?... for example....


- My American Accent - Charlieissocoollike 

And this is the topic for this weeks activity.

 To Entertain the Whole Class (yey...)

To start things off....i have no idea on how to tell a joke to a large number of people. I mean its not that I have never told any joke in my life (don't get me wrong! I have) but it was all...random jokes? the ones that just comes to you at that moment of time? ... and most of it comes from a video on YouTube.

Like this one :-


- The Best Joke Ever - Nigahiga

When me and my friends just re enact the jokes from this video we can laugh our asses off!

So long story short... I HAVE NEVER PLANED MY JOKES!

And now my journey to Google begins...starting with 'what is comedy?'

Well according to Wikipedia,
Comedy is any discourse or work generally intended to be humorous or to be amuse.

Even with this information still...I don't know how to tell jokes to a large crowd.

Then I went to ehow.comtoastmasters.org, and a couple of other websites on 'How to Tell Jokes'

A tip that I MUST keep in mind is..... not to LAUGH AT MY OWN JOKE (Which will be hard for me because .. I laugh easily...) . Other than that...they told me to commit to the joke, don't tell the audience how funny the joke is? (okey...) and ALWAYS keep eye contact. (VERY IMPORTANT POINT)

So fingers crossed.... and hope I will succeed in entertaining the whole class...


No comments:

Post a Comment