Friday 16 November 2012

2D design basics


Today I will present to you my PAPER CUTTING PROJECT (applause) . each of the following picture, I have briefly explain on how did I use 2D design principle in each and everyone of my paper cutting project.

Most of my design I use Square as my basic shape and transform them into other forms making you normal average square more interesting. SO ONLY THINK IN THE 'BOX' or SQUARE.....

and I chose yellow because it is a very striking color against the black background thus you can see the design better

AND NOW WE BEGIN!!
______________________________


Repetition - To repeat a pattern

In this piece, I use a square basic and cut out other little square in that square...and inverted them to create this design. i think its very....tiles like? but when you stare to long...your eyes will hurt.
  
______________________________


Movement - The flow of the subject in one's art.

When you see this paper cut out, your eyes would want to start from the small square (bottom) and move all the way up to the larger square cut out. If your eyes moves in that way then I have achieve 'movement' in my paper cut out. YAY!
______________________________


Symmetrical balance - Balance between elements (same element)

In this paper cut out, I try to keep it simple but yet tedious to do but I did achieve the balance that I was going for.....
(thank god i didn't lose any piece from the cut out)
______________________________


Rhythm - The 'beat' and movement of subject.

This cut out was OBVIOUS inspired from Tetris. I use Tetris block shape to create movement in this cut out. if this was a real game I would have lost....
______________________________


Hierarchy - The order of the object

I have showed two types of hierarchy. the first one (top left) I have use a pyramid base shape but still maintaining my 'simple square' concept  the other one (lower right) was inspired by the equalizer in the car. Going UP and DOWN with the beat on the music.

 ______________________________


Scale - The difference in size between one shape to another

Its a game of big fish eat little fish...and bigger fish eat big fish. the circle of life~ 

 ______________________________


Dominant - one element rules over other elements

I was inspired to do this symbol after watching Tsubasa Tokyo Revelation, SO to commemorate this anime, I did this paper cut out in shape of a cherry blossom flower or 'Sakura' which is also the name for one of the character in the anime.
______________________________


Asymmetrical balance - Balance between balance (different element)

Achieving balance...but with different elements...but still balance...confused? so am I. but I will try and explain it to you with the help of Google and other notes!

Asymmetrical balance occurs when several smaller item on one side are balanced, a larger item on the other side, or smaller item are placed further away form the center or the screen than larger items

_______________________________

- DONE -


No comments:

Post a Comment